The iPhone 15 lineup is official, and my friendly UPS driver just dropped off my iPhone 15 Pro Max on my doorstep. I chose the Natural Titanium with 512GB of internal storage, and my first impressions of the new design are very positive, with a couple of minor gripes.
This story is powered by Mosyle, Apple's only unified platform. Mosyle is the only solution that fully integrates five different applications onto a single Apple platform, allowing businesses and schools to easily and automatically deploy, manage and secure all of their Apple devices. More than 38,000 organizations use Mosyle solutions to automate the deployment, management and security of millions of Apple devices every day. Request a FREE account todayand find out how you can put your Apple fleet on autopilot at a price you'll find hard to believe.
I'll have a lot more to say about the iPhone 15 Pro Max in the coming weeks, once I've had more hands-on time with it. I'm especially interested in testing out the new camera, and also seeing how much of a lifestyle change USB-C makes.
In the meantime, here are some quick and random first impressions after a few hours.
- I'm a big fan of the natural titanium finish. I walked away from my hands-on sessions at the Steve Jobs Theater debating the White and Natural options, and I think I made the right choice in choosing Natural.
- That being said, Natural Titanium still collects prints fingers. . It's not as noticeable as Black Titanium or Blue Titanium, and it's not as bad as the space black iPhone 14 Pro, but it's worth a look. And it's also a little disappointing after years of using stainless steel with fingerprints.
- The weight difference is very noticeable. The difference on paper is 19 grams, which may not seem like much, but trust me, you will notice it as soon as you pick it up.
- The smaller bezels are certainly noticeable, but I don't think they're as noticeable as we expected.
- The iPhone 15 Pro Max in Natural Titanium matches the Apple Watch Ultra perfectly.
- This is the first year in a very long time that I've decided to customize a new iPhone from scratch. It's nice to have a fresh start.
- The Action button is a little easier to press than the Volume button, which likely explains Apple's decision to require a press and hold rather than just a press. .
- Oddly enough, one of the things I'm most excited about is the 512GB of internal storage. My iPhone 14 Pro Max was the 128GB model and I was completely out of space. This should give me plenty of room, especially when I'm starting from scratch.
- USB-C is great, and the included USB-C to USB-C braided adapter is top-notch quality.
- The rounded edges of the iPhone 15 Pro Max may not be noticeable in photos, but they make a big difference in how the phone feels in your hand.
- As I tweeted this week, I'm not a fan of the new FineWoven cases from Apple. They seem cheap and fragile, but they are expensive.
That's all for now. Like I said, I have a lot more thoughts coming up next week. You can also check out my colleague Ben Lovejoy's first impressions.
Do you have any questions you want us to answer in the coming days? Let me know in the comments below.
Donate to St. Jude for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
Follow Chance: Threads, Twitter, Instagram &  ;Mastodon .