Apple today confirmed during its “Wonderlust” Event where tvOS 17 and HomePod Software 17 will be released to the general public next week, September 18th. As soon as updates become available, they can be downloaded and installed on compatible Apple TV and HomePods.
tvOS 17 introduces an updated Control Center for Apple TV , as well as a new way to find the Siri Remote from iPhone and FaceTime on Apple TV. With the update, Apple TV users will also be able to easily set up a VPN through third-party apps, which, of course, requires installing compatible apps.
And With HomePod Software 17, Apple smart speaker owners can ask Siri to play media using iPhone apps, as well as new voices for Siri in German and the ability to talk to Siri by simply saying her name instead of “Hey Siri.” p>
- tvOS 17 adds built-in VPN support for the first time on Apple TV
- Siri no longer requires the “Hey” command to activate, there are now sequential requests
- iOS 17 allows users to ask Siri to play media on HomePod using iPhone apps
Here's how to install tvOS 17 RC
First, go to the beta.apple website .com and sign up using your Apple ID (preferably the one you use on your Apple TV). If you've never joined Apple's Beta Program before, the update may not appear on your Apple TV, so make sure you're enrolled in the program.
After that, follow these steps:
- Open the application Settings on Apple TV.
- Sign in System menu
- ClickSoftware updates.
- Turn on the Receive beta updates option.
Here's how to install the software HomePod Software 17 RC
To install HomePod Software 17 RC on HomePod, your iPhone or iPad must be running iOS 17 or iPadOS 17. If you have not already installed the latest RC software on your iOS device , check out our guide on How to install iOS 17 or iPadOS 17 public beta.
If your iPhone or iPad is already running the latest iOS 17 RC build, you just need to follow these steps to get the HomePod Software 17 beta update on your computer. HomePod:
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Press the “…” button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click Main Settings.
- Select Software Update. strong> option.
- Go to HomePod Beta Updates menu.
- Turn on the switches  ; for the HomePods on which you want to install the beta software.
The Home app will then show you the latest RC update available for your HomePod. Keep in mind that there is no RC build for the first generation HomePod.