Many iOS apps by default ask for permission to allow precise location tracking when you first open them. But it can be easy to forget how many or which apps you gave this permission to. Here's how to turn off iPhone precise location tracking.
Basic options when the location tracking dialog appears after opening the app for the first time: “Allow once” “, “Allow when using an application” and “Allow when using an application”. and “Do not allow.”
It's easy to miss that in the top left corner it says “Accuracy: On”. It's actually a button that allows you to choose whether to leave precision tracking enabled by default or change it to use your approximate location.
The difference in accuracy can be as precise as a specific house or building, you're in (within feet), and iPhone's approximate location usually tells you what city you're in (within miles).
Here's how Apple describes it: “Allows apps to use your location. If this setting is disabled, apps can only determine your approximate location.”
How to disable precise iPhone location tracking for apps
Note. Some apps may not work properly without enabling accurate location tracking. Also keep in mind that precise location tracking settings carry over to new iPhones when you restore from a backup.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Swipe down and selectPrivacy & Security
- At the top, click Location Services
- Select an applicationfrom the list to check if it is available. #8217;using your precise location.
- Locate the switch next to Precise Location at the bottom, click to turn it off
Here's what the process looks like to turn off precise iPhone location tracking:
Remember that when you turn off precise tracking, apps can still track your location’ It's just not accurate. If you want to completely turn off tracking for an app, select Never. at the top.
And if you want to turn off all tracking across the board, you'll need to turn off the main location services switch.
Check out our full article. guides on how to perform a full location privacy check and use the iOS security check feature:
- iPhone security check: how to stop sharing location immediately and more
- How to check who can see your location on iPhone.
Thank you for reading our guide on how to turn off precise location tracking on iPhone!
Read more guides from 9to5Mac:
- The Do's and Don'ts of Cleaning a Dirty iPhone (And Why It Should Be a Habit)
- iPhone: How to Improve 5G Settings Battery Life or faster speed.
- Are MacBook Pro chargers safe to use to fast charge an iPhone?