Along with the new Action button, the iPhone 15 Pro has an interesting addition to the status bar – a silent mode icon next to it. In time. Luckily, Apple has included a way to hide the silent bell icon on the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max, here's how to do it.
Action The button is on the same in the same location as the side button on previous iPhone models, and works with a long press.
The default setting is to turn silent mode on and off. But even if you set the Action button to control something else, a new silent bell icon will appear next to the time in the iPhone 15 Pro's status bar.
As MKBHD noted, there's good news already’ ; This is a quick solution in Settings to remove the silent icon.
How to hide the silent ringer icon on iPhone 15 Pro
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone 15 Pro or Pro Max
- Select Sounds & Amplifiers; Hapticstop
- Press the second switch down next to Show in status bar to hide the silent ringer
Here's what hiding the silent bell icon looks like on the iPhone 15 Pro:
And if you haven't customized the Action button yet, go to Settings > Action. button. Here are the options for the new button:
- Silent mode (default)
- Focus mode
- Voice Memo
- Special features such as magnifying glass, etc.
- No action
- Translate will appear with message update “later this year”
If you change the Action button to activate something other than silent mode, you can turn silent mode on or off in Control Center or Settings > “Sounds and Sounds.” Tactile sensations.
Are you going to hide the silent ringer or prefer to leave it? Share your thoughts in the comments!
More 9to5Mac tutorials:
- iOS 17 iPhone StandBy: How to use and customize the Smart Display feature
- How to enable AirPods Pro adaptive audio, how it works and much more
- Where are the iMessage apps in iOS 17? Here's how to access and set them up.
- iPhone Live Voicemail: How to use and turn it on/off in iOS 17