Apple is using titanium in an iPhone for the first time, but what is safe or best to use to clean your iPhone 15 Pro? Let's see how to clean an iPhone, step by step, do's and don'ts.
- How to clean iPhone 15 Pro
- You can't clean your iPhone 15 Pro
- The best cleaning products for iPhone 15 Pro
- How to clean your iPhone 15 Pro
- The disadvantage of Clorox wipes and alcohol
- UV smartphone cleaners
Something new about the titanium frame of the iPhone 15 Pro is that Apple claims that “oil from your skin may temporarily change the color of the outer band.” Luckily, if you're using your 15 Pro without a case, this can easily be fixed by wiping it down with a slightly damp microfiber cloth.
We'll cover that below as well. How to safely clean and disinfect the rest of your iPhone 15 Pro.
How to clean iPhone 15 Pro
Do not clean iPhone 15 Pro
- Do not use cleaning sprays (no bleach, hydrogen peroxide, etc.)
- Do not submerge iPhone in cleaning products
- Do not use compressed air
- Do not leave cables connected to the iPhone while cleaning.
Best Cleaning Products for iPhone 15 Pro
- Clean microfiber cloth or similar material
- 70% isopropyl alcohol or 75% ethyl alcohol
- Spray the cloth first, not the iPhone, or use an alcohol wipe.
- Clorox wipe or similar material (no bleach)
- Blu Tack
- Flosser Pick
Steps to clean iPhone 15 Pro
- Apple advises turn off your iPhone before cleaning it
- Make sure it also unplugged from cables and accessories
- Wipe iPhone with a clean microfiber cloth
- If necessary, lightly dampen the cloth with water
- Apple says that a slightly damp cloth will remove fingerprints and slight discoloration from the titanium frame of the iPhone 15 Pro.
- To disinfect your iPhone, use a Clorox cloth to wipe the cloth or 70% isopropyl/ethyl alcohol and wipe the device.
- Use the toothpick carefully to break down and remove hard-to-reach areas – try not to poke at or through it. grilles, microphones, and other important components.
- Blue Tack is another great way to remove dirt and debris from speaker grills, etc.
Apple Features You Need should be used “ ;Clean iPhone immediately if it comes into contact with anything that may cause stains or other damage, such as dirt or sand, ink, cosmetics, soap, detergent, acids or acidic products, and lotions. ”
Bubbles are for illustrative purposes only 😅
The disadvantage of Clorox wipes and alcohol
The only downside to using Clorox wipes or alcohol wipes on your iPhone is  ;Apple says the oleophobic coating can wear off (resistant to fingerprints).
A simple solution is to install a screen protector to prevent cleaning wipes from damaging the screen coating your iPhone.
There are many affordable iPhone screen protectors available, ranging from $7 to $30, and if you haven't tried them in a while, they're easy to install.
UV Smartphone Cleaners
PhoneSoap is probably the most popular brand when it comes to UV sanitizing your iPhone.
The company uses 360 degree view. UVC UV lamps kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses, with the company saying the results are clinically proven. This portable smartphone sanitizer also charges your device while you clean it (has USB-C and USB-A ports).
PhoneSoap 3 typically sells for $79, but often sells for the price of PhoneSoap Pro for $119.00. . The company also has a larger HomeSoap product that cleans a wide variety of items.
Additional UV sanitizer options include quality options from mophie and totallee.
Thanks for reading our guide on on how to clean your iPhone 15 Pro!
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
- Do's and Don'ts when cleaning dirty AirPods Pro and charging case.
- How to clean your MacBook screen: WHOOSH, tips and more.
- Do's and don'ts when cleaning dirty Apple Watch