Benjamin and Chance take a look at the Apple Watch Double Tap and all the changes in the latest iOS 17.1 beta, summing up the iPhone 15 fiasco #overheatinggate, dive into Google's ongoing trial, which is revealing all sorts of details about Apple's search deal, and discuss why Formula 1 is a good target for Apple's sports broadcasting ambitions.
When supported by Hello FreshAmerica's #1 Meal Kit. Go to hellofresh.com/50happyhour and use code 50happyhour to get 50% off and free shipping.
Powered by Pillow:Pillow is an all-in-one solution. An all-in-one sleep tracking solution to help you get a better night's sleep. Download it from the App Store today.
Powered by Urban Armor Gear: Advanced Technology Protection. Boost the security of your iPhone 15 with using the latest UAG rugged cases. Enter to win an iPhone 15 from UAG and 9to5Mac.
- @ChanceHMiller on Twitter
- @ ChanceHMiller on Instagram
- @ChanceHMiller in threads
- @bzamayo on Twitter
- @bzamayo@mastodon. social
- @bzamayo in topics
Subscribe, rate and leave reviews
- Apple Podcasts
You can get an ad-free version of 9to5Mac Happy Hour on Apple Podcasts every week for $5 a month or $50 a year.
- Send questions to #Ask9to5Mac on Twitter, Mastodon, or threads
- Send us feedback and questions by email at Happyhour@9to5mac.com
- Apple says it is preparing a software update that will solve overheating problems with the iPhone 15.
- Apple releases iOS 17.0.3 with a fix for iPhone 15 overheating issues.
- Does iOS 17.0.3 slow down iPhone 15 Pro prevent overheating?
- iPhone 15 Pro Max rear glass cracked in seconds in new durability test [Video]
- Does the iPhone 15 Pro Max bend and crack easily? Consumer Reports says no.
- Bloomberg: Apple held talks with Microsoft to acquire Bing in 2020
- Apple mulled replacing Google with DuckDuckGo as default search engine in Safari private browsing
- Apple has a next-generation search engine called Pegasus, but don't expect it to have a Google Search competitor just yet.
- Eddie Cue defends Google's search deal despite privacy concerns: “iPhone is a much more private device than Android.”
- Apple Watch Series 9 double-tap feature now available in watchOS 10.1 beta.
- iOS 17.1 finally This allows you to select the album to be used for the Photo Shuffle lock screen.
- Report: Apple is considering a huge bid for global Formula 1 broadcast rights.
- Screenwriters finally end their strike , streamers have agreed to bonus payments for their most popular shows.
- Netflix's price hikes will come as they continue. Actors' strike ended