iOS 17 is finally available to the general public, as are iPadOS 17 and watchOS 10. The updates include many new features , such as improvements to iMessage, FaceTime and NameDrop. They also bring a lot of new features to Shortcuts. Apple has just published a detailed document detailing all the new features in the Shortcuts app.
New Shortcuts app actions available in iOS 17
Apple describes the Shortcuts app as “a quick way to accomplish one or more tasks using apps.” Users have endless options for creating automations using native iOS features, as well as integrations with third-party apps.
With iOS 17, watchOS 10, and macOS Sonoma (coming next week), there are even more features available to users (via Matthew Cassinelli) For example, you can now create a shortcut to transcribe an audio file to text, clear alarms, scan documents, or create a Time Machine backup.
Here is a list of new commands available in updates:
- Transcribe Audio generates text from an audio file
- Remove Alarms removes the specified alarms from the clock
- Edit Sleep Alarm – Skips the next sleep alarm or reactivates a missed sleep alarm.
- Opening Camera opens the Camera app in a specific shooting mode, such as Selfie.
- Open Collection takes you to a specific section of the Photos app, such as Places.
- Show Passwords takes you to the Passwords section in Settings on iOS and System Settings on macOS.
- End Workout ends the current workout session on iOS and watchOS.
- Scanning a document captures an image and saves it in the Files app on iOS.
- Get current timer, pause timer, Resume timer and Cancel timer are now supported in iOS.
- Starting stopwatch, lap stopwatch, stopping stopwatch, and resetting stopwatch are now supported in iOS.
- Set hotspot password and get hotspot password now supported on iOS.
- Switching a cellular plan, setting a default line, setting data roaming, finding a cellular plan, and resetting cellular data statistics are now supported in iOS.
- Start a Time Machine backup starts or stops Time Machine backing up your data Machine on macOS.
- Move window, resize window, find windows, find displays, and find apps are now supported on macOS.
With the latest software updates, Apple has also improved some of its existing features. in the Shortcuts app. For example:
- Set Timer can now start a new timer even if it is already running.
- Find Alarm now replaces the “Get All Alarms” function, retrieving all alarms or just those that match. filter criteria.
- Set volume can now be adjusted to either media volume or ringtone volume.
- Health patterns now support more types of data, such as sleep, mood, and appetite changes.
- Calendar event participants now include a Type attribute to differentiate between people, groups, and rooms.
- Get Network Details now includes more parameters such as channel number, hardware MAC address, and pricing information.
- Taking a photo is now more reliable when taking multiple photos in a row.
Learn more about what's new in the Shortcuts app this year. can be read in the published article. from Apple on the official website.