Apple has released a new firmware update for AirPods Pro. The update is likely to include additional bug fixes and improvements to the wireless earbuds and their charging case.
The latest AirPods Pro firmware is build version 6A305. This is compared to last week's Build 6A303, which also focused on bug fixes and performance improvements. In the previous version, AirPods Pro with Lightning and AirPods Pro with USB-C charging were synced to the same firmware version.
Updating AirPods firmware is not as simple as installing the latest version of iOS software. This process happens in the background when the AirPods are connected via Bluetooth.
To check the firmware version of the AirPods:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- Go to the “Bluetooth” menu.
- Find your AirPods in the list of devices.
- Tap the “i” next to them.
- Look at “Firmware.” Version number
Apple has not released new firmware updates for other AirPods hardware. Find the latest firmware for each model below:
- AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with MagSafe Charging Case (USB-C): 6A305
- AirPods Pro (2) gen) with MagSafe charging case (Lightning): 6A305
- AirPods Pro (1st gen): 6A300
- AirPods (2nd and 3rd gen) ): 6A300
- AirPods Max: 6A300
- AirPods (1st generation): 6.8.8
- Five new features now available for AirPods Pro 2
- AirPods in 2023: here's what the lineup will look like after the Apple event
- Apple's most expensive AirPods lack adaptive sound and Siri’ team and much more