Apple is releasing a new firmware version for the second generation AirPods Pro. This update includes build number 6B32 and firmware version 6.1.32. It is available for AirPods Pro 2 with Lightning and AirPods Pro 2 with USB-C.
This update comes just three weeks after the last AirPods Pro firmware release. Apple doesn't usually provide us with very detailed release notes for AirPods updates. Today's update will likely focus on bug fixes and other improvements.
As you probably already know, it is impossible to manually update the AirPods firmware to new versions. Instead, Apple says new firmware versions will be installed when your AirPods are connected via Bluetooth to your iPhone.
To check the AirPods firmware version:
- Open the Settings app » on your device. iPhone
- Go to the Bluetooth menu.
- Find your AirPods in the list of devices.
- Tap the “i” next to them.
- Look at the “Firmware Version” number.
Latest AirPods firmware versions
Apple has not released new firmware updates for other AirPods hardware. Find the latest firmware for each model below:
- AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with MagSafe Charging Case (USB-C): 6B32
- AirPods Pro (2) gen) with MagSafe charging case (Lightning): 6B32
- AirPods Pro (1st gen): 6A300
- AirPods (2nd and 3rd gen) ): 6A300
- AirPods Max: 6A300
- AirPods (1st generation): 6.8.8
Notice something new after updating AirPods Pro 2? Let us know in the comments.