iOS 16.2 RC for iPhone and iPad is now available for testing through the Apple Developer Beta Program. Today's release introduces a number of improvements to end-to-end encryption across services, including Messages in iCloud. The release candidate also introduces the new Apple Music Sing feature announced yesterday.
iOS 16.2 introduces Apple. Freeform whiteboard collaboration app, support for the new Apple HomeKit architecture, additional Always-On Display settings, and these changes we've covered so far:
- Apple News integration appears in the Weather app ” in iOS 16.2 beta with up-to-date regional news.
- Apple allows users to update Live Activity more frequently with iOS 16.2.
- iOS 16.2 beta introduces a new architecture for the Home app for a more reliable experience
- iOS 16.2 adds a new “Sleep” widget for the lock screen, a “Medicine” widget is coming soon.
- iOS 16.2 allows users to report to Apple when an emergency SOS call is inadvertently works
- tvOS 16.2 beta brings multiplayer voice recognition to Siri on Apple TV, here's how it works
- iPadOS 16.2 beta adds Freeform collaboration app, Stage Mana support for external display ger.
- Apple makes iPhone 14 Pro always-on display work like Android in iOS 16.2.
- iOS 16.2 introduces “Custom Accessibility Mode” with a streamlined experience for iPhone and iPad.
We also saw Apple run two “Rapid Security Response” updates to iOS 16.2 beta before the Security Exploit Quick Fix feature is available to everyone. Apple is also testing watchOS 9.2, tvOS 16.2, macOS Ventura 13.1, and iPadOS 16.2 developer betas.
Read more about the new Enhanced Data Protection mode here. Noticed other changes in iOS 16.2 RC? Leave a comment about finding 9to5Mac on Twitter.